A historic treasure
A story reaching from the 1800s to today.
Because the church inscription has not survived, the exact date of construction is unknown. Sources indicate that it was built in the early 1800s as a small cemetery church for the Greek Orthodox community living in the area.
After the 1924 population exchange, the congregation was gone and the building closed for worship. It was used for a time as a hospital and later as a warehouse. Following restoration by Menemen Municipality, it reopened for worship on 10 May 2015, after 93 years.